Ikigai: Automatic Control ∩ Robotics ∩ Machine
Fund-my-research buzzwords: Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science.
Expert buzzwords: System Identification, Control Theory, Optimal State Estimation.
- Senior Researcher, Microsoft Research Lab (NYC), 2021 - Present.
- Adjunct Faculty, Brandeis University, Graduate School of Professional Studies, (2019 - 2021).
- Postdoctoral Researcher, The University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine (2019 - 2021).
- Postdoctoral Scholar, The University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine (2019).
- Research Intern (Robot Learning), Preferred Networks, Tokyo, Japan (Ended 2018).
- Mechatronics Intern, Amazon Robotics (Advanced Robotics Lab), Greater Boston, MA (2016).
- Student, The University of Texas at Dallas, School of Engineering (2014 - 2019).
- Visiting Student, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Medical Physics and Engineering (2014 - 2019).
- Student, The University of Sheffield, Automatic Control and Systems Engineering (Ended 2012/2013).
Select News Highlights
Select Talks, Classes, and Conferences
- Learning without Rewards, Microsoft Research Summit, Fall 2021.
- Automating Treatment Planning in Radiation Therapy, Microsoft Research NYC, New York City, Winter 2021.
- Automating Treatment Planning in Radiation Therapy, Auris Health, Johnson & Johnson, San Francisco, CA, 2021.
- Soft Robots-based Position Correction Mechanisms in Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy. Open Robotics Foundation, Mountain View, CA, USA, 2019.
- Robotic Radiotherapy: Automating Position Correction in Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy, Department of Energy Resources Engineering. Stanford University, Stanford, CA, USA, 2018.
- Robotic Radiotherapy: Automating Position Correction in Intensity-Modulated Radiation Therapy, Department of Radiation and Cellular Oncology, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA, 2018.
- Minimax Iterative Dynamic Game, Department of Brain Robot Interface. Computational Neuroscience Labs, ATR, Osaka, Japan, 2018.
- Soft Robotic Modules as Position Correcting Mechanisms in Cancer RT, 3rd Entrepreneurship Forum & Start-up Competition, EFSC’17, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2017.
Classes and Useful Presentations
- A Short Treatise on the Kinematics and Kinetics of Robots – Slides, MSR NYC, 2022.
- The Mathematical Foundations of Robotics, Brandeis University, 2021.
- Robot Manipulation, Planning and Control, Brandeis University, 2020.
- L1 Adaptive Control – Courtesy of Naira Hovakimyan. 10/1/2015
- Associate Editor, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) Workshops, 2022-2023.
- Associate Editor, IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2020-2021.
- External Grants Reviewer, AI for Species Discovery, National Geographic Society, 2020 - 2021.
- Journal Reviewer: Automatica (IFAC – The International Federation of Automatic Control), IEEE Letters to Control Systems Society (L-CSS), IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters (RA-L), Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics (JBHI), Institute of Physics (IOP): The International Journal of Biomedical Physics and Engineering (PhysMed), IEEE Access, Neural Computing and Applications (NCAA).
- Conference Reviewer: IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), IEEE International Conference on Decision and Control (CDC), IEEE/Robotics Society of Japan International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), Dynamic Systems and Control Conference – The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (DSCC), American Control Conference (ACC), International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML), International Conference on Learning Representations (ICLR), IFAC – World Congress, Neural Information Processing Systems (NeurIPS).
- IEEE, Member.
- IEEE RAS, Robotics and Automation Society, Member.
- IEEE CSS, Control Systems Society, Member.
AAPM: The American Association of Physicists in Medicine, Junior Member. ASTRO, The American Society for Radiation Oncology, Member. NYAS, The New York Academy of Sciences, Member.
Strava Activities Summary
As often as I can get away from the lab, I like to ride my (road/mountain/Grandma's) bike. I ride rain or shine, hell or highwater -- in the parching heats of sultry Texas, or the blustering cold winds of the Midwest and the Eastern Seaboard (Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey Rider here). If you are in my area and would love to tag along on a ride, do not hesitate to shoot me an email. Below is a screenshot of my recent activities summary.
- Managing Up – Rosanne Badowski.
- Eye of the Hurricane: An Autobiography – Richard Bellman.
- Advice for a Young Investigator – Santiago Ramon y Cajal.
- Richard Feynmann: A Life in Science – John and Mary Gribblin.
- Made to Stick: Why Some Ideas Survive and Others Die – Chip Heath and Dan Heath.
- Profiles in Courage – John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
- Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln – Doris Kearns Goodwin.
- 1776 – David McCullough.
Current Reading Stack
- Henry Ford – Vincent Curcio.
- A Promised Land – Barack Obama.
- Michael Jordan: The Life – Roland Lazenby.
- Eisenhower: A Life in War and Peace – Jean Edward Smith.
This web presence was last updated on Thu, Oct 06, 2022.