- Core: Control Theory – Robotics – Elastic Deformations.
Current/Past University Affiliations
- Postdoctoral Researcher, The University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine (2019 - Present).
- Postdoctoral Scholar, The University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine (2019 - Present).
- Adjunct Instructor, Brandeis University, Graduate School of Professional Studies, Robot Manipulation, Motion Planning and Control, (2019 - Present).
- Student, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Medical Physics and Engineering (Ended 2019).
- Student, The University of Sheffield, School of Engineering (Ended 2012).
- Student, The University of Texas at Dallas, School of Engineering (Ended 2019).
Previous Company Affiliations
- Amazon Robotics (Advanced Robotics Lab), Greater Boston Area, MA (Ended 2016).
- Preferred Networks, Tokyo, Japan (Ended 2018).
- Coca-Cola, Lagos/Athens (Ended 2011).
Activities: Peer Research Reviews
- Automatica, A Journal of IFAC, The International Federation of Automatic Control.
- JBHI, An IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
- Access, An IEEE Journal.
- IOP: Measurement Science and Technology. A Journal of the Institute of Physics.
- NCAA, Neural Computing and Applications. A Springer Journal.
- World Congress, The IFAC, The International Federation of Automatic Control.
- ICRA, An IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation.
- CDC, An IEEE International Conference on Decision and Control.
- IROS, An IEEE/Robotics Society of Japan International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems.
- DSCC, Dynamic Systems and Control Conference, The American Society of Mechanical Engineers Conference.
- ACC, An IEEE Control Systems Society/American Control Conference.
Recent Blog Posts
|Research, Peer Review, Writing Papers.||March 10, 2019|
|Sci-Tech: Large teams develop; Small teams disrupt.||February 15, 2019|
|Optimality vs. Stability of Feedback Control Systems.||August 22, 2018|
Select News Highlights
|I have successfully defended my PhD Thesis. Thanks to the mentors I worked with during my graduate program, viz. S.B. Jiang, and N. Gans, and my dissertation committee members: Mark Spong, T. Summers, Y. Tadesse and D. Bhatia.||May 16, 2019|
|At the Department of Brain Robot Interface (BRI) of Japan's ATR Computational Neuroscience (CNS) Labs., I presented our minimax iterative dynamic game work.||August 29, 2018|
|I will be pitching my start-up idea to VCs in Vancouver in October. Yeah, sure. Come in and argue!||August 1, 2017|
Strava Activities Summary
At heart, I am an explorer. As often as I can get away from the lab, I like to pedal the metals of my bike, often logging approximately 120 miles a week rain or shine, hell or highwater -- from the parching heats of sultry Texas, to the cold winds of the Midwest and the Eastern Seaboard of the United States. I own a 62cm 2018 TREK Domane AL3 road bike. It has served me well in Texas, Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Pennsylvania, Delaware and New Jersey -- so far. Below is a screenshot of my activities summary this week. Feel free to follow me on Strava. Life, Liberty and the pursuit of the trails!
At leisure, I like to read: research papers, history books, and engineering texts inter alia. Highlighted below are some of my reading lists in the past, codes you might find useful and what-have-you.
- awesome neuro-control: A curated list of papers that apply neural dynamics to control systems.
- awesome screw theory: A curated list of papers that apply screw theory for soft and rigid robots control.
- advice for fellowships, internships, conference grants applications
- summer’18 reading list: Bellman and Optimal Control
- summer’17 reading list: RAS Papers
- bash-scripts: Short and fun bash scripts.
- control/robotics/ai conference tracker
- screw theory, nonlinear/finite elastic deformation codes and continuum syntheses examples.
Last updated on 2019-09-07