- Research Focus:
- Core: Control Theory – Robotics – Finite Elastic Deformation.
- Fund-my-startup buzzwords: Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Data Science.
- Serious buzzwords: System Identification, Data Mining.
- University Affiliations:
- The University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine (2019 - Present).
- The University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine (2019 - Present).
- UT Southwestern Medical Center, Medical Physics and Engineering (Ended 2019).
- The University of Sheffield, School of Engineering (Ended 2012).
- The University of Texas at Dallas, School of Engineering (Ended 2019).
- Previous Company Affiliations:
- Amazon Robotics (Advanced Robotics Lab), Greater Boston Area, MA (Ended 2016).
- Preferred Networks, Tokyo, Japan (Ended 2018).
- Coca-Cola, Lagos/Athens (Ended 2011).
- Research Peer Reviewing Activities
- International Federation of Automatic Control (IFAC) Automatica Journal – IEEE Access Journal – Journal of Neural Computing and Applications (NCAA) – IFAC World Congress – IOP: Measurement Science and Technology – IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA) – IEEE International Conference on Decision and Control (CDC) – IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) – Dynamic Systems and Control Conference (DSCC) – American Control Conference (ACC) – International Conference on Machine Learning (ICML).
|May 16, 2019||I have successfully defended my PhD thesis. In the interim, I am resuming as a postdoc at The University of Chicago's Pritzker school of medicine/The University of Pennsylvania's Perelman School of Medicine.|
|January 31, 2019||Starting in the summer of 2019, after I shall have defended my PhD thesis, I shall be moving into the gig economy, resuming as a postdoc at The University of Chicago's Pritzker school of medicine. I shall continue investigating head and neck immobilization in cancer radiation therapy with the aid of continuum soft manipulators and parallel rigid robot mechanisms.|
|October 07, 2018||Thanks to the generous support of Google AI, I will be attending the full tutorials, workshops, and program sessions at NIPS 2018. Bonjour Montréal!|
|September 06, 2018||Deep BOO! gets accepted to the Workshop on the Algorithm Foundations of Robotics (WAFR). WAFR has an "established reputation as one, if not the most, important venue for presenting algorithmic work related to robotics". Archival version would appear in the Springer Proceedings in Advanced Robotics (SPAR) series.|
|Aug. 29, 2018||At the Department of Brain Robot Interface (BRI) of Japan's ATR Computational Neuroscience (CNS) Labs., I presented our minimax iterative dynamic game work.|
|Aug. 3, 2018||Presented our work on neural networks and adaptive control at the Tech. Info. Session of Preferred Networks Inc., Tokyo this afternoon.|
|July 05, 2018||I had the pleasure of presenting my research outlook on stably learning the dynamics of nonlinear robot trajectories to the management team of Preferred Networks, Tokyo earlier this afternoon.|
|July 2018||I will be attending ROSCon 2018. Nos vemos en Madrid!|
|June 2018||Our IROS2018 submission is a definite accept. Codes here. Videos on my home page. Hola Madrid!|
|April 24, 2018||Our Minimax iDG paper gets accepted to the Machine Learning for Planning and Control Workshop at ICRA 2018. Codes here. Videos on my home page. Hallo Brisbane!|
|April 2018||Our AAPM (American Association of Physicists in Medicine) submission got accepted as an oral. See you in the music city, in July.|
|August 2017||I will be pitching my start-up idea to VCs in Vancouver in October. Yeah, sure. Come in and argue!|
|August 2017||Awarded the NSF Doctoral Consortium Award.|
|August 2017||The camera-ready version of Soft-NeuroAdapt, is now on arxiv. Codes are on github.|
|July 2017||Our submission got accepted to IROS abstract only track. Video here.|
|July 2017||Awarded the Open Software for Robotics Foundation (OSRF) scholarship.|
|June 2017||Brandon Amos' OptNet paper was accepted to ICML. I am mentioned in the acknowledgement section alongside Ian Goodfellow.|
Recent Blog Posts
|Research, Peer Review, Writing Papers.||March 10, 2019|
|Sci-Tech: Large teams develop; Small teams disrupt.||February 15, 2019|
|Optimality vs. Stability of Feedback Control Systems||August 22, 2018|
Side Projects+ awesome neuro-control: A curated list of papers that apply neural dynamics to control systems.
+ awesome screw theory: A curated list of papers that apply screw theory for soft and rigid robots control.
+ advice for fellowships, internships, conference grants applications
+ summer'18 reading list: Bellman and Optimal Control
+ summer'17 reading list: RAS Papers
+ bash-scripts: Short and fun bash scripts.
+ control/robotics/ai conference tracker
+ research group resources: Borrowed from Jean Yang.
Last updated on 2019-05-07